Welcome to ToddBacile.com
View my research areas of interest, published work, and in-process projects
View my teaching philosophy, course preps, student testimonials, and more
View my service in an effort to further the academic marketing discipline
Marketing Doctoral Candidate: Digital / Strategy / Services
I am currently completing a doctorate degree at Florida State University, with an emphasis in marketing. My dissertation examines personal media and digital marketing (i.e. mobile devices, apps, and social media) in a service context. Moreover, my research posits that marketing through newer electronic media is similar to strategy used within the marketing of services. Therefore, I focus on strategic managerial implications of electronic, social, and mobile marketing initiatives, as well as various areas within services marketing.
Research Publications and Advanced Reviews:
- Bacile, Todd J., Christine Ye, and Esther Swilley, “From Firm-Controlled to Consumer-Contributed: Consumer Co-Production of Personal Media Marketing Communication”
Second review requested at the Journal of Interactive Marketing.
- Bacile, Todd J., “The Klout Challenge: Preparing Your Students for Social Media Marketing”
Conditionally accepted for a special issue on innovation at Marketing Education Review.
- Hofacker, Charles F. and Todd J. Bacile (2011), Electronic Marketing: Communicating, Selling and Connecting People with Networks and Software. Raleigh, NC: Lulu.
- Bacile, Todd J. and Ronald E. Goldsmith (2011), “A Services Perspective for Text Message Coupon Customization,” Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 5 (4), 244-257.
“Todd Bacile is an amazing professor who loves what he teaches and truly cares for his students. His lectures were always engaging and very informative. His passion for marketing in the electronic world shined through during his lectures and before and after class discussions. Todd’s concern for his students’ success became apparent as the semester progressed. He was always interested in each of his student’s lives and offering them advice for their future. Todd’s class has been one of my most enjoyable classes in my college career.”
– Student from Spring 2012 Semester
View more student testimonials